[imp] Modifying LOGIN screen

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Thu Oct 30 16:09:13 PST 2003

Quoting amy-g-art at cox.net:

> I have searched the archive and found some things related to the subjrct.
> But, I want to actually change things like the wording across the top and
> perhaps the color scheme.

For the color scheme, you can edit the horde/config/html.php file.
For the wording, it depends on what you want to change and how.  Most of
the time you can change it via a gettext() translation.  But it really
depends on what you want to change and what you want to change it to.

The FAQ has some info on this.  The archives more.  But without more info
that is about all that can be said.

> I know there are themes, but can each user have a
> unique color scheme, or is it global only?

Either.  By default it can be set per user.  The admin can lock it though
to make it global.  But themes are more useful after login than on the
login screen.  So you may want to change horde/config/html.php (or maybe
horde/imp/config/html.php if you use IMP for your login page).  But note
this changes all pages, not just the login screen.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!