[imp] Problem with virtualmail domains

Leandro Ferraz lferraz at iis.com.br
Fri Oct 31 08:17:39 PST 2003

Hello,

I'm using IMP for about 3 months and yesterday something is going wrong
with my server.

I'm running IMP on a server accessing another pop3 server. This pop3
server is running qmail with vpopmail virtualdomais.

I visit the login page, write the login, password and choose the server.
The login pages returns "login os password incorrect". Afater 4 or 5
logins, IMP accept the login and password. The server is running for 3
months.

Viewing the /var/log/messages on the pop3 server,  the login thar imp pass
to the server is login at REVERSE_OF_SERVER_IP, and it's the problemas.

Example: the pop3 server is mail.domain.com.br. The IP os this server is
200.202.xxx.xxx. But the REVERSE of this IP is named-srv2.domain.com.br.
So,
imp is passing login at named-srv2.domain.com.br as the login account. The
correct login account will be login at domain.com.br. On the config files the
" realm"  is correctly setup.

Anyone have any idea of what is going wrong?

Sincerely.

Sorry about my english.

PS: I'm running horde 2.1 and IMP 3.2.2 on slackware linux.