[imp] Modifying LOGIN screen

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Fri Oct 31 08:57:05 PST 2003

Quoting amy-g-art at cox.net:

> I am not posting this to the list because you are the only one who has
> responded thus far and it seems pretty simple.

Sorry, but it is going back to the list...

> I was able to find the login text in the ./horde/templates/login/login.inc
> file.  I see how to change "Welcome to" but Horde is a variable it seems.  I

Yes, it is.  It is set in horde/config/registry.php as the name field for
the Horde stanza.  If you change it in horde/config/registry.php it will
change everywhere.  If you want it translated to other languages, you will
need to change it in registry.php and then in the locale files of each language
also (rebuilding the locale files when done).  Details on that are in the
admin FAQ.

> read somewhere about changing the horde directory to something else, say foo.
>  As a result the login screen said "Welcome to foo".  How can I change this
> message?

Just change the name in horde/config/registry.php (see above paragraph).  This
is covered many times in the archives, and is a very common request.

> Also, I would like to remove most, if not all, of the translations.  Do I
> just remove the po files under horde/imp/po and make?

Why would you want to?  If I didn't want the users to have access to the
languages, I would just change the language listings in the preferences
and login screen so they can not select the languages.  The only reason
to remove translation files would be to save disk space; otherwise I'd
just leave them intact and disable the user's ability to use them.  But
personally I don't see any reason to not allow the user to select a language.

> Sorry about the seemingly simple questions, but I have only been using UNIX,
> let alone IMAP, PHP, IMP, HORDE, TMDA, on and on and on, for about 4 months.

No problem.

> I really appreciate your help.
> AMY

If you have any more questions, just send them to the mailing list.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!