[imp] IMP stopped working

Noah Meyerhans noahm at csail.mit.edu
Mon Nov 3 11:27:51 PST 2003

Hi all.  I'm fairly new to IMP and horde, but have been running it
successfully for a couple of weeks now.  That is, until it completely
and unexpectedly stopped working this past weekend...

I am having a terrible time tracking down exactly what caused it to stop
working.  Even when turning on full debug logging on both IMP and HORDE,
I see no indication of any problems.  The IMAP server is logging
successful logins by IMP users.

The root URI of IMP is https://imap/imp.  When users try
to log in, instead of being directed to their inbox or whatever, they're
directed to
https://imap/imp/login.php?url=https%3A%2F%2Fimap%2Fhorde%2Fmaintenance.php which is just presenting the login screen again.

I don't really know what that URL is, except that it presumably has to
do with the login maintenence features of IMP.  So as near as I can
tell, IMP is forgetting that the user has logged in, and is prompting
them to do so again...  This didn't happen for nearly two weeks, until a
user reported to me that they hadn't been able to access IMP all
weekend.

I'm using postgres to store session information, and can confirm that
new session IDs are being stored in the horde_sessionhandler with each
login...  In fact, I see that there are two new session IDs being stored
for each login...  Might this be part of the problem?

Any help is greatly appreciated, as I've been unsuccessfully beating on
this problem for hours with no real progress.  I'll gladly provide more
details if you need them.

noah

--
Noah Meyerhans                         System Administrator
MIT Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory