[imp] IMP stopped working

Noah Meyerhans noahm at csail.mit.edu
Mon Nov 3 11:38:44 PST 2003

On Mon, Nov 03, 2003 at 02:27:51PM -0500, Noah Meyerhans wrote:
> I don't really know what that URL is, except that it presumably has to
> do with the login maintenence features of IMP.  So as near as I can
> tell, IMP is forgetting that the user has logged in, and is prompting
> them to do so again...  This didn't happen for nearly two weeks, until a
> user reported to me that they hadn't been able to access IMP all
> weekend.

Sorry to respond so quickly to my own post... I have determined that it
is the monthly maintenence taks that are causing this problem.  I
changed $_prefs['do_maintenance'] to 'value' => 0, 'locked' => true and
everybody was able to log in again...

So, any idea what might cause the monthly maintenence tasks to fail in
this way?

Thanks!
noah

--
Noah Meyerhans                         System Administrator
MIT Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory