[imp] Folders

pareilly at tcd.ie pareilly at tcd.ie
Mon Nov 3 20:19:26 PST 2003

> unable to create Top directory folders. I am only successful when I create one
> as a folder under the INBOX as a top directory. Is it an issue with
> courier-imap, php or imp?

This is a feature of Courier IMAP and Maildir folders.
Technically they *do* exists under INBOX.
ie:
	  $HOME/Maildir/.folder1/new/

However the mail user agent (IMP in this case) can display
them however it wants to. Some programs show them as subfolders
of INBOX (which is technically correct) while others show them
at the same level as INBOX (which is how users concieve them)

It should be possible to hack IMP to make it show them at the
same level as INBOX, alphabetically, or whatever way you want
to do it. Take a look in horde/imp/folders.php

Paul