[imp] Binary attachments given mime type text/plain. why?

Ahmed ashihab at alcahest.com
Fri Nov 7 08:50:39 PST 2003

Quoting Michael M Slusarz sent on Fri 07 Nov 2003 16:39:11 GMT

> Does this happen with all executable files?  If so, it is possible that
> .xex
> is a text format recognized by your OS/browser, so that when you upload
> it
> your browser is reporting it as text/plain data to IMP (which we MUST
> honor).

This happens to other files with extensions like .xxx .zzz and .bin
they are all the same file with different extensions. they are reported as
text/plain

> If it is specific only to this file, then we should be looking elsewhere
> (do you have mime magic support turned on?)

I'm using mozilla 1.5 release, also happens on IE 6.0.2800.1106 both on
win2k.

mime magic is turned on, here is the excrept from test.php

PHP Module Capabilities

    * Ctype Support: Yes
    * DOM XML Support: Yes
    * FTP Support: Yes