[imp] IMP Profiles

Andrew Morgan morgan at orst.edu
Fri Nov 7 09:55:52 PST 2003

On Fri, 7 Nov 2003, Nazar Kulynych wrote:

> Where does IMP stores its user based profiles?
>
> I'd like to configure IMP and make that config to be default for
> all users.
>
> For example, I'd like users to user Trash foulder instead marking them
> and then purging them, and also small preferences like that.
>
> Where does it store this info, in SQL? if so what tapes..
>
> Thanks

You can set the defaults in the config/prefs.php file.  For example:

// precede the signature with dashes ('-- ')?
$_prefs['sig_dashes'] = array(
    'value' => 0,
    'locked' => false,
    'shared' => true,
    'type' => 'implicit'
);

'value' sets the default value that a user inherits when they first login.
'locked' sets whether the user can change the value or not.  All of this
is documented at the top of prefs.php.

You should be aware that if a user has a preference already stored in the
preferences backend (SQL usually), changing the default value will have no
impact on them.  So if you wanted to change the default Trash setting and
lock it, you would also need to go through all the existing stored
preferences and remove the Trash setting there.

	Andy