[imp] Binary attachments given mime type text/plain. why?

Ahmed ashihab at alcahest.com
Fri Nov 7 04:41:13 PST 2003

Anyone seen this?

I'e been trying to send an .exe file to customer but had to rename the .exe
to .xex to avoid MS exchange from removing it.

However, when I attach the file as normal it is given the "text/plain"
mime-type instead of the more generic and correct
"application/octet-stream". This consequently causes the file to be wrongly
handled and corrupted.

I've got round the problem by zipping the .xex file (zipped .exe get zapped
by  exchange). So the problem is not life threatening but it is annoying.

system setup:

CVS update from this morning (7.11.03)

PHP  : 4.3.4RC1
HTTPD: apache 1.3.27