[imp] Re: Can not view IMAP emails, just folders...

Andrew Morgan morgan at orst.edu
Sat Nov 8 23:06:27 PST 2003

On Sun, 9 Nov 2003, Michael J. Pelletier wrote:

> Also, my Cyrus log has been spitting out these messages "SQUAT failed to
> open index file"...

These messages are normal if you are not running Squat to index your
messages.  Squat creates indexes of messages so text searches of mailboxes
are faster.  You don't have to run Squat, and we do not run it here on our
user mailboxes.

> Hello, I recently installed the cvs HEAD version of horde and imp.
> However, when I go to my mailbox I can not see any emails. I can see my
> folers and sub folders but no emails. I am using Cyrus IMAP and I have
> tried recompiling different versions of WU-IMAP's c-client. I have tried
> 2002a/b/c/d/e still the same problem. Can someone help? Thanks, Michael

I don't know how the HEAD version of IMP does it, but in the stable
version you must set your "folders" attribute correctly in
config/servers.php.  It should be set to the IMAP root folder prefix.  By
default in Cyrus it is "INBOX." (including the trailing dot).  If you have
set "altnamespace: yes" in your Cyrus imapd.conf, then the root folder
prefix is "" (blank).

	Andy