[imp] Msg Compose SEND Button causes JavaScript Error (CVS Head)

James Nikolich jn-horde at compeuphoria.com
Wed Nov 12 08:38:46 PST 2003

Hello, all;

I'm having a problem getting the IMP (cvs) Compose window to actually send a
message.  The problem appears to be javascript related.  I've searched the IMP,
Horde, and dev-Horde archives but couldn't find any relevant advice.

First a list of what I'm running:

IMP        CVS HEAD (yesterday's)
HORDE      CVS HEAD (yesterday's)
Browsers   Mozilla Firebird 0.17 and IE6

Now the problem:

After I've finished composing a new message, I try hitting the "Send
Message" button. When I do, nothing happens. I'm not getting any useful
diagnostics from the Horde/IMP logs (levels cranked up), but when I bring
up Mozilla's Javascript console I see the following:

Error: document.compose.submitBtn7 has no properties
Source File:
https://example.com/horde-test/imp/compose.php?thismailbox=INBOX&uniq=1068
52435408 Line:92

At this point the "Send Message", "Save Draft", and "Cancel Message"
buttons all stop responding. I can continue to change message fields, and
I can bring up the "?" helpboxes, but I have to close the window to get
rid of it.
When trying the same thing with IE 6, I get similar behaviour. IE6 reports
an error on the page, and when I look at the error I see:

Line: 99
Char: 5
Error: 'document.compose.submitBtn7' is nul or not an object
Code: 0
5350361

I'm almost postitive this is an IO error (i.e. "Idiot Operator") and I've
misconfigured something. But I'm unsure of how to troubleshoot this
problem. If anyone has suggestions, I'd greatly appreciate them.

Thanks!

Jim