[imp] imap-2001a

crane at ukonline.co.uk crane at ukonline.co.uk
Wed Nov 12 09:14:39 PST 2003

Quoting Eric Rostetter <eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu>:

> Read the comments at the start of horde/imp/config/servers.php and set
> things as needed.  You may need to add, for example, /notls to the
> protocol string, or set the host and port, etc.

adding notls seems to have suddenly "made it work".
I can send mail via horde/imp to a remote pop account.
I think it does this via the internal gizmo to the isp smtp server.

So to actually recieve mail I need to set up qmail or something ?

On this suse emailserver2 the messages are in a format
where each message is a file in the folder/directory.

with the way thing are now on new horde/imp pc any folders I make
in imp, and their contents, get saved in my home directory/mail as a file.
and the inbox seems to be /var/spool/mail/

How can I get the behavour that is seperate files in a directory ?

I'm slightly concerned at the lack of newby type instructions for imap server
but I'm sure all will become clear eventually :)

regards

mick