[imp] Who use it

Gary Windham windhamg at email.arizona.edu
Mon Nov 17 14:13:43 PST 2003

Quoting Magnus Nordseth <magnus at ntnu.no>:

> Gary Windham:
> > We have ~50,000 accounts, and have seen (during our busiest periods)
> upwards of
> > 100K unique IMP logins in a single day.
> >
> > We have 3 Horde/IMP servers behind a CoyotePoint Equalizer 350 load
> balancer;
> > session state is shared via NFS.  The servers are all Dell PE 2600's 2-way
> > systems.  Two of them have 2.4GHz P4 Xeon CPUs/4GB RAM, the 3rd has 2.0GHz
> P4
> > Xeon CPUs/2GB RAM.
> >
> > We also use Zend's PHP accelerator product, which helps out alot, and the
> > up-imapproxy software (http://imapproxy.org) which caches connections to
> the
> > IMAP server.
>
> Are you using ssl?

Yes, we are using SSL.  Each server has a Broadcom SSL accelerator card
installed, and we're using the OpenSSL 0.9.7 ENGINE facilities w/
Apache/mod_ssl.  Before we went into production, we did load testing with and
without SSL acceleration...the performance improvement was at least an
order-of-magnitude better w/ the SSL accelerator.

--
Gary Windham
Systems Programmer, Principal