[imp] newbee migrates from UW-imap to courier imap and screws up

crane at ukonline.co.uk crane at ukonline.co.uk
Tue Nov 18 13:24:36 PST 2003

hi,
I installed UW-imap/horde/imp on redhat-9 as previous posts.
For compatability with my old emailserver, which I believe uses Maildir,
I removed  UW-imap and installed courier-imap-2.2.0

if

[mick at scones mick]$ touch /home/mick/Maildir/new/testmail

[mick at scones mick]$ telnet 10.0.0.51 143
Trying 10.0.0.51...
Connected to 10.0.0.51.
Escape character is '^]'.
* OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 UIDPLUS CHILDREN NAMESPACE THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT
THREAD=REFERENCES SORT QUOTA IDLE STARTTLS] Courier-IMAP ready. Copyright 1998-2003
Double Precision, Inc.  See COPYING for distribution information.
a login mick ***********
a OK LOGIN Ok.
a select inbox
* FLAGS (\Draft \Answered \Flagged \Deleted \Seen \Recent)
* OK [PERMANENTFLAGS (\* \Draft \Answered \Flagged \Deleted \Seen)] Limited
* 1 EXISTS
* 1 RECENT
* OK [UIDVALIDITY 1069253417] Ok
a OK [READ-WRITE] Ok

But I cannot login via horde/imp webpage.

help appreciated

regards

mick