[imp] IMP 3.2 compatibility question

Timo Boettcher spida at gmx.net
Sun Nov 23 03:48:54 PST 2003

Hi Vikram,

Nachricht vom Sonntag, 23. November 2003, 02:55:41:

> Thanks Tim.  I am considering both courier-imap and uw-imap now and will
> choose one based on ease of installation and configuration.
uw-imap is very easy to configure, but a bit unflexible.

> One more question:  Do I need PHP and MySql?
As HORDE/IMPi is written in PHP, you will need php. The
user-preferences can be stored in mysql, but other methods like ldap
are possible, too. I am not sure if you can do withhout a db for
preference storage.
> Also, where is documentation for IMP 3.2?  Is it in the source tarball?
Some of it is in the source-tarballs,
the FAQ are on http://www.horde.org/faq/ , and a nice
installation-guide is on http://www.geocities.com/oliversl/imp/

> Thanks again.