[imp] Horde installation and configuration

Mike Bydalek mbydalek at zivix.com
Sun Nov 23 12:01:43 PST 2003

> I unzipped the Horde tarball in /var/www/html/mail/horde/
What version as they are completely different? HEAD or RELENG?

> Now, the Horde installation instructions say "execute the mysql_create.sql
> script" and I have no idea how to go about that.
It's in the /horde/scripts/db (at least in HEAD).  Edit the file and you will
see it creates a user "horde" to access the database with.  Change the password
for the user, there's a comment there marking where/what to change.  To execute
sql from the command line, it's  'mysql -u root -p < mysql_create.sql'  Look at
http://www.mysql.com for more information.

> Isn't there a
> step by step tutorial on installing Horde and IMP?
Not for HEAD yet.  It's being worked on tho from what I hear.

-Mike

I had a look on