[imp] header and footer

David T-G davidtg-horde at justpickone.org
Wed Nov 26 08:35:58 PST 2003

Hi, all --

We use IMP as the mail piece for our web sites, and of course we love it.

We are currently appending a footer automatically; yay.  We want now to
make some changes[1] and use the header but I don't see how to make that
happen.  I started with a quick grep for 'footer', saw print_footer(1) in
templates/common-footer.inc, and then went looking for how that was
defined -- and couldn't find it!

  [root at www horde-test]# pwd
  /home/horde-test
  [root at www horde-test]# find . -type f | xargs grep -i1 print_footer
  ./imp/templates/common-footer.inc-
  ./imp/templates/common-footer.inc:print_footer(1);
  ./imp/templates/common-footer.inc-
  ./turba/templates/common-footer.inc-
  ./turba/templates/common-footer.inc:print_footer(1);
  ./turba/templates/common-footer.inc-
  [root at www horde-test]#

(No, I've only dragged out root to make grepping even through the config
tree painless :-)

So, for starters, how do I use a header?

[1]  What we actually want to do is, if a header file is present, change
the content-type to HTML so that the stationery in the header will be
visible, and then we'll need to format the plain text so that it's
readable as HTML and, as a bonus, attach the plain version for those who
don't read HTML.  Some of this may be done already but in the course of
looking for it and how to get started I can't even see how the darned
footer is printed and so I'm worried!

TIA & HAND

:-D
(play) davidtg at justpickone.org * society and not sufficient moral courage.