[imp] header and footer

David T-G davidtg-horde at justpickone.org
Wed Nov 26 13:01:03 PST 2003

Hi again, all --

...and then David T-G said...
%
% [1]  What we actually want to do is, if a header file is present, change
% the content-type to HTML so that the stationery in the header will be
% visible, and then we'll need to format the plain text so that it's
% readable as HTML and, as a bonus, attach the plain version for those who
% don't read HTML.  Some of this may be done already but in the course of

In the course of a *lot* of googling I have come up with a couple of
posts along the same lines.  One thread was basically answered "if you
want to tack on an ad or such, do it in the footer" and the other "it
would be a big chunk and a real PITA to change the content-type and
manage all of that, so don't do it".

Are there any pointers to it having been done?  Is anyone out there
hiding this already completed? :-)  Any hints, even, as to where I'd
start my digging?  [Yes, I really do speak PHP, though I'm not an expert,
so I think that I'll at least be able to read the code on my own :-]

TIA & HAND

:-D
(play) davidtg at justpickone.org * society and not sufficient moral courage.
(work) davidtgwork at justpickone.org  -- Mary Baker Eddy, "Science and Health"