[imp] Display Forwarded attached HTML messages inline?

Michael Wexler wexler at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 26 10:11:57 PST 2003

Hi, I am a new user of Horde IMP. As you may or may not know, when one
forwards a message from Yahoo Mail, one can forward "as attachment".
This is useful for HTML (Multipart) messages, so that the recipient can
view the original formatting.

When this type of message (forward as attachment) is sent to a Horde
account, the attached email shows up as an Unnamed attachment ( 2
unnamed message/rfc822 31.60 KB ).  However, it cannot be opened.  When
I click on it, my browser (firebird 0.7) attempts to open a file of
mime type "Content-Type: message/rfc822."

I am not sure quite what to do.  My hosting company does have inline
HTML turned on, and that does work when I forward a message from
Outlook, which defaults to an inline send.  But I don't see a way to
view the "mail as attachment".  When Yahoo receives an attached mail,
it displays it inline.  Same for Hotmail.

So, I'm a newbie on shared hosting.  Any suggestions on how to get
Horde to emulate Hotmail and Yahoo in the displaying of attached HTML
mails inline?  As best I can tell, I am on a 3.x series.

Thanks

Michael
wexler at yahoo.com