[imp] header and footer

David T-G davidtg-horde at justpickone.org
Thu Nov 27 03:59:53 PST 2003

Michael, et al --

...and then Michael M Slusarz said...
%
% Quoting David T-G <davidtg-horde at justpickone.org>:
%
% | posts along the same lines.  One thread was basically answered "if you
% | want to tack on an ad or such, do it in the footer" and the other "it
% | would be a big chunk and a real PITA to change the content-type and
% | manage all of that, so don't do it".
%
% First, you should use the correct terminology - in IMP-speak, this text is
% actually called "trailer" text instead of "footer" text.

Ah; thanks.  But it's called footer in my copy and in the CHANGES file.
[Time passes]  Hmmm...  Maybe it isn't after all; we have both both
footer and trailer referenced, with common-footer.inc in the code (eg
compose.php), a note of append_footer changed to append_trailer in the
CHANGES, and setting of $trailer_file in the code (compose.php again).
The light is beginning to dawn :-)

%
% | Are there any pointers to it having been done?  Is anyone out there
% | hiding this already completed? :-)  Any hints, even, as to where I'd
% | start my digging?  [Yes, I really do speak PHP, though I'm not an expert,
% | so I think that I'll at least be able to read the code on my own :-]
%
% What version of IMP/HORDE are you using.  If using HEAD, it should be easy

My README says 3.2, so I'll go with that.

% to just create a multipart/alternative part to do what you want.  If using
% IMP 3.x you are probably out of luck, or else it will take a bunch of
% hacking to get it to work (since I couldn't even tell you if the MIME
% support in IMP 3.x will allow you to do this).

Ah.  Ugh.  So I guess I need to pull down a new IMP for starters :-)

If I'm going with the bleeding latest for IMP, do I need to upgrade horde
and turba as well?  Are they all stable, or should I have the gauze ready
for my foot?

%
% michael

Thanks a *bunch* & HAND