[imp] Problems sending attachments

Antonio Guerrieri ant at ultra5.unile.it
Tue Dec 2 01:03:23 PST 2003

Hi Eric,

On 2 dic 2003, at 01:04, Eric Rostetter wrote:

> Quoting Antonio Guerrieri <ant at mailing.unile.it>:
>
>> The file is correctly uploaded but I receive an attachement of
>> (always)
>> 0 bytes if it is greater than 1MB.
>
> Check /etc/httpd/conf.d/php.conf and check the value of
> LimitRequestBody

I have made a fresh apache installation in /usr/local/apache2
so I haven't the conf.d directory in /usr/local/apache2.
Do you think apache/php search /etc/httpd/conf.d still?
I have moved /etc/http /etc/http.rh.

I have changed /etc/php.ini -> upload_max_filesize = 20M
and restarted apache.

>> With a file of 2MB I get a blank page without errors.
>
> Sounds like the php limit maybe?

I have created an image of exactly 2MB and this happens only with this
file...
With other files they are attached with a size 0...
BTW consider that SquirrelMail works well on the same machine... also
with big files...

>> php.ini is configured to allow uploads of 20MB (upload_max_filesize)
>
> Did you restart apache after changing php.ini?
Yes

>> With the previous version of imp and horde I hadn't these problems.
>
> In some versions you can set the limit in horde configuration files
> as well as php files, so check that.

I have checked horde/config/horde.php, horde/imp/config/servers.php...
what else?

>> RedHat 9
>> Apache 2.0.47
>
> Make sure you don't have any lines like:
>
>          AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
>
> in your /etc/httpd/conf/*.conf files.  If you do, they will conflict
> with
> the filters in /etc/httpd/conf.d/php.conf and cause the situation you
> describe.

I'm using the directory tree of the fresh apache installation...

Thanks
Antonio