[imp] Lots of Timeouts w/Horde & Imp

Jacob Davida jacob-news at davida.com
Tue Dec 2 07:47:32 PST 2003

Hello,

I'm running Horde & Imp CVS HEAD in a 3 tier environment pushing
around 9500+ users... everything is working together pretty well

Server 1 - Web Server - Apache (Horde, Imp, etc)
Server 2 - MySQL
Server 3 - Postfix, Courier IMAP

However...

A lot of the users are complaining that their sessions and pages are timing
out anywhere between 30 seconds - 4 minutes while doing normal things such
as deleting messages and composing messages, pretty much anything.
I can't seem to duplicate the problem on my own, I'm wondering if this is
a known issues, if anyone else is experiencing it? Here is an error page one
user received from Internet Explorer in both Win98 and WinXP (at least
they claim both give the same message)

Users are finding this behavior with and without encryption (https)

Thanks in advanced for any help! I'm banging my head at this point.

- Jacob