[imp] Backporting the charset stuff from 4.0?

Attila Nagy bra at fsn.hu
Wed Dec 3 10:13:58 PST 2003

Hello,

I have a big problem. We had to switch from Squirrelmail (was too slow
with many many messages in a folder) to IMP.
The first problem we saw is the lack of correct charset handling. If the
output is Latin2 (ISO8859-2) and a message arrives in UTF-8 the user whines.

Also, what we store in LDAP is also UTF-8, so the problem persists there
too. If we switch the output to UTF-8 then the majority of people who
receive mail with Latin2 (or Latin1) suck.

I've seen a changelog, which states that 4.0 will correct this, but I
think it's not wise to start with a development version in a productive
environment.

Is it possible to backport somehow that support from 4.0 to 3.2?

Thanks,
--
Attila Nagy                                   e-mail: Attila.Nagy at fsn.hu
Free Software Network (FSN.HU)           phone @work: +361 210 1415/127