[imp] Get server name in passwd

Cliff Green green at umdnj.edu
Thu Dec 4 12:12:22 PST 2003

On Thu, 4 Dec 2003, Eric Rostetter wrote:

ER> Quoting Parham Ghaffarian <parham at bornisgroup.com>:
ER>
ER> > Hi
ER> > How i can get server name or maildomain name in passwd ?
ER>
ER> By posting your question along with the version of passwd you are running
ER> to the sork mailing list.
ER>
ER> > Is there any global variable that i can get servername or maildomain
ER> > name in passwd ? (which the user has used it when login to IMP)
ER>
ER> How to do this depends on the version of passwd you are running.

While Eric's points are exactly right, $_SESSION['imp']['server'] has
worked for me in both RELENG and cvs HEAD versions to get the FQDN of the
remote mail server the user's account is on.  I'm sure there's a better
way, but that sufficed for my needs (slogin/expect driver for passwd).  I
don't know about maildomain, though.

Clifford Green               Internet -  green at umdnj.edu
--Sam Brown