[imp] Empty message list -- SOLVED

Josh fzzzty at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 9 15:17:12 PST 2003

I thought I emailed the list when I solved the problem, but maybe my
mind is going. I apologize if I forgot to. I fixed my problem by
changing the preferences from "none" to "sql". This was a fresh install
and I tried to test it prematurely I guess. Without saving any
preferences, IMP doesn't download any headers or something. I'll reply
anyway just in case someone finds the info useful in the future. :)

--- Eric Rostetter <eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu> wrote:
> How to you connect via test.php?  Is it with ssl or plain?

I was testing with SSL, the whole site is within SSL (and Horde is set
to only use SSL, no auto-detection).

> You might need to set one or the other of those to find the
> folders...
> Can't say without knowing your setup.

Yeah, well, with Courier-IMAP the namespace should be "INBOX." so that
IMP "roots" the folder list correctly (I don't care about shared
folders). Many clients don't do this properly, but without it set the
folders should just show up as children of INBOX instead. IMP does
implement namespaces correctly, though.

> That sounds like a reasonable value for namespace, but not for
> folders.
> Usually folders is something more like "mail/" or something.  Again,
> depends on your setup.

Yeah the mail folder is "~/.mail/", but I don't think that matters.
I've actually never seen it matter in any IMAP client I've used. Maybe
it's a POP thing? I'll have to look through the RFC again sometime.

Thanks for the replies.

Josh