[imp] Empty message list

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Tue Dec 9 08:50:29 PST 2003

Quoting Josh <fzzzty at yahoo.com>:

> I just installed the latest IMP snapshot (2003-12-08) and I'm having a
> weird problem. I can log in fine, and test.php works fine when testing
> the IMAP connection (and it reports the number of new, old messages).

How to you connect via test.php?  Is it with ssl or plain?

>     'folders' => '',
>     'namespace' => '',

You might need to set one or the other of those to find the folders...
Can't say without knowing your setup.

> Mailboxes aren't being cached, though I've tested it both ways and the
> problem persists. I've tried putting "INBOX." in as the namespace and
> folders (not at the same time) and see no difference.

That sounds like a reasonable value for namespace, but not for folders.
Usually folders is something more like "mail/" or something.  Again,
depends on your setup.

> Any ideas?

Ideas? Yes.  Like setting Namespace and Folders correctly.
Solutions? No, since I don't know enough about your setup.

> I know others have had this problem

It may have been a completely different problem that simply had the same
description of visual output.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics