[imp] Automatically redirected to http after login with https

Stanley Yuen Stanley at itsc.cuhk.edu.hk
Fri Dec 12 00:10:47 PST 2003

Hi, all.

We have set up 2 development machines running Horde 2.2.4 and IMP 3.2.2
(with Apache 2.0 and PHP 4.3.3) under RedHat 9.   P.S. Both machines are
placed behind a F5 BigIP LoadBalancer.    Functions of persistent session
and SSL acceleartion are already enabled in this load balancer.

We tried to run IMP without SSL (i.e. http) and there was no problem.
However, if we forced all users to access to https://webmail.mysite.edu,
after login we would always be redirected to a page without SSL (i.e.
http://webmail.mysite.edu/horde/imp/mailbox.php.....).     We also tried to
change the parameter "use_ssl =1" in horde.php under /horde/config to force
all links changed to https.   Finally we got a "Page Not Found" after login.

Any experts encountered this problem before with the loadbalancer?  Was this
problem related to the configuration of SSL acceleration?

Please advise.

Best regards,
Stanley Yuen

Information Technology Services Centre,