[imp] ftp to novell using gollem

Rachid Chalabi r.chalabi at umist.ac.uk
Mon Dec 15 10:54:10 PST 2003

Hi,

I have been using gollem to access our Novell ftp servers for quite a while
now having modified the code to cater for this. More recently using the CVS
version, it seems that the logic of "Change Directory" in gollem has changed
thus breaking our setup.

In the past, I could lofin to a different server by using the "Change
Directory" machanism:

cd //otherserver/path.

This is now not possible as a change of directory will always return you to
your home directory:

cd /path_for_home

which will not work as it assumes that the server has not changed.

Any pointers on how to get around this.

Apologies for the cross-posting to this list as the gollem does not seem
to generate much feedback.

Thanks

Rachid Chalabi
UMIST