[imp] over 800kb Attachment problems

Antonio Guerrieri ant at ultra5.unile.it
Fri Dec 19 17:30:05 PST 2003

On 19 dic 2003, at 18:02, Eric Rostetter wrote:

> Quoting Antonio Guerrieri <ant at mailing.unile.it>:
>
>> I don't want to repeat myself but, doesn't it seem strange to you that
>> the same configuration works well with another program (at least)?
>
> Not really.  Like I said: I've got two version of Horde on my system,
> and
> while one works perfectly, the other doesn't.  One version makes a
> different
> call, or the same call with different arguments, and it blows up.
> Nasty
> part is I'm the only one seeing this problem too, so it *is* something
> on
> my machine, not in horde/imp.

OK...

>>> This can happen if you run apache 2.x with php as a filter, and if
>>> you
>>> tell apache to use php as both a filter and a handler.  This is a
>>> common
>>> mistake in particular on Red Hat 8 and later configurations...
>>
>> How can I check this?
>
> In the Red Hat apache, you will have a config file for apache in
> /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf.  If you are using php as a handler, then
> that line will have something like:

I have this in httpd.conf:

>          AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
>
> Red Hat apache will also provide an additional config file for php, in
> /etc/httpd/conf.d/php.conf.

I have built apache 2.0.47 and PHP 4.3.3 from the scratch and I'm no
more using RH9 config files.

>   If you are using php as a filter, then
> that file will have something like:

I have nothing like this in httpd.conf
> <Files *.php>
>     SetOutputFilter PHP
>     SetInputFilter PHP
>     LimitRequestBody 536870912
> </Files>

but I had this in ssl.conf:

<Files ~ "\.(cgi|shtml|phtml|php3?)$">
     SSLOptions +StdEnvVars
</Files>

now modified in:

<Files ~ "\.(cgi|shtml|php|phtml|php3?)$">
     SSLOptions +StdEnvVars
</Files>

With this correction I can send file up to 7MB... but not greater...
I don't know why...
I'm investigating playing with php and apache parameters.
I'll let you know.
Tnx
Ciao
Antonio