[imp] IMP 3.2.2 and multipart - simple patch

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu
Wed Dec 31 09:55:18 PST 2003

Quoting Henry Bauer <lists.horde.org at henrybauer.com>:

| I read the mailing list archives and it seems people have the same problem I
| do
| - messages that are sent as both text and HTML get displayed as one or the
| other, with no way to see the other representation.  I also understand this
| is
| fixed(?) in CVS HEAD, but I haven't gotten around to checking that out.
|
| However, I thought I'd share my simple (4 line) fix to this problem for
| people
| who want to stick with 3.2.2.  It does not affect which multipart gets
| displayed, but instead of ignoring the other multiparts, it shows them as
| attachments.  Simple and effective.  It applied to 3.2 cleanly; I don't know
| about older versions, but if it doesn't apply, you should be able to backport
| it with little trouble.
|
| I've been using it for several months, but only with one user (myself).
| Caveat emptor.

Note to those that implement patch:
This patch will show every part of a multipart/alternative message, but will not
do so according to the RFC priority rules.  All it does it put every part of an
alternative message into an attachment.  This patch will also not handle
complex multipart/alternative messages - such as a message with a multipart/*
part as one of the alternative parts.

As Henry said, this is a simple patch.  For correct multipart/alternative
viewing you will still need to upgrade to CVS.

michael