[imp] Specific email crashing Horde (and the whole httpd server running it)

Carlos Fernandez Sanz cfs-imp at nisupu.com
Mon Jan 12 10:01:13 PST 2004

Hi,

I just installed a Hylafax server. One of its options is to email, as a attached file, every received fax.
The thing is, if one of these emails (which contain faxes, not the rest of Hylafax notifications) are present in the mail inbox, I can't even login in IMP (well, I do login, but the next page crashes the whole process and I see this in the logs):

[notice] child pid 21200 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)

This happens at work, however if I send the email to my home address, it works fine.
The only difference is that at work I'm using

Maildir for storage
CourierIMAP

(I'm also using imapproxyd but I removed it to check if that made a different but it didn't)

while at home I'm using

/var/spool/mail for storage
imapd (the one that comes with RedHat, imapd --version, etc, didn't help to find out details)

I'm attaching one of those emails, please copy to Maildir/new (or Maildir/cur) to check.

Thanks.