[imp] Attach problem with Lotus Notes 5.x

Eugenio Vota eugenio.vota at arpnet.it
Fri Jan 16 02:30:12 PST 2004

Hi all,

I'm already installed succesfully  Horde 2.2.4  &  IMP 3.2.2 on  RedHat
7.3 linux machine and
 working with different IMAP server like Cyrus and Netscape Messaging
4.x  and everthing is gone well.

Now I'm trying  to use the same IMP instance with Lotus Notes 5.x by
IMAP  protocol,
 but I found some trouble with MIME decoding and attachment.

No matter on the size of the attachment, but if the messagge is MIME
encoded  IMP show it incorrectly
and if I try to download the attachment, IMP save a 0 byte file.

When I look the message source by IMP I see that the attach  is
correctly encoded and present in the message.
I also tryed to download the same message directly by Mozilla Mailer by
IMAP protocol  and the attach is correctly available.
Then I tryed also to download the same message by Outlook Express but
the attachment  is present but I cannot open/detach it.

So I looked-up the IMP List Archive but I didn't find  anything like this.
Now I belive that probably the IMAP MIME conversion  of Lotus Notes
Server isn't goof enought for IMP.

Anyone had the same trouble ?
What is the IMP component that decode the MIME message and split it into
attachment ?

Thank's in advance.

UG