[imp] A couple of things - mostly concerning Postgres

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Tue Jan 20 11:24:30 PST 2004

Quoting Ron Hall <ron.hall at mcgill.ca>:

> Now I've a more generic question what do people prefer Mysql or postgres

In the old days, I would say Postgresql hands down.  Back then, there
were big differences between them.  But now, they are mostly equal in
almost all respects.  I would say that the following is good advice:

* If your staff knows one or the other better, then use that one.
* If you need strict sql conformance, use postgresql.
* Otherwise if one works, and the other doesn't, use the one that works.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!