[imp] Reading PGP-Mails broken in HEAD?

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu
Thu Jan 29 18:07:36 PST 2004

Quoting Oliver Kuhl <okuhl at netcologne.de>:

> Hi there!
>
> Since my last update yesterday imp doesn't recognize pgp encrypted emails and
> simply displays the pgp encrypted part as plain mail.

This isn't a correct statement.  PGP encrypted e-mails are sent according to
the format in RFC 3156 and work just fine - you are talking about text/plain
messages that have PGP delimited blocks and the horrific parsing/hacking we
have to do to figure out the data (I really, really, really, really, really
wish people would use mailers that send PGP correctly - the plaintext way has
been deprecated for _years_ now.  End of rant).

The problem with viewing was only with certain messages and because of
whitespace issues (since there is no standard, it is really annoying to try to
figure out how to handle the different formats of these messages).  This
should be fixed now.

michael