[imp] HELP: Server Error w/ Many "To:" addresses!

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu
Tue Feb 3 10:44:17 PST 2004

Quoting "lee at disinfo.com" <lee at disinfo.com>:

> Ok, patch applied, and php upgraded. Still no luck :(
>
> Any other ideas?
>
> Lee
>
> Quoting Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu>:
>
>> Quoting "lee at disinfo.com" <lee at disinfo.com>:
>>
>> > Michael,
>> > I just installed imap2000e (what appears to be the latest stable).
>>
>> I assume you mean imap2002e.
>>
>> > I recompiled > php after compiling the new c-client. After an
>> apache stop and start the > problem is still there.
>>
>> Next step - are you using the latest PHP?  PHP's imap extension has also had
>> some problems in the past with long header fields, e.g.:
>>
> http://cvs.php.net/diff.php/php-src/ext/imap/php_imap.c?login=2&r1=1.142.2.15&r2=1.142.2.16&ty=h
>>
>> so you should make sure you are using 4.3.4 or 4.3.5RC.

Nothing from me.  It is entirely possible that you have just found a message
that c-client and/or PHP imap really doesn't like and there is nothing you can
do about it.  This has happened to me just in the past few days - some of the
messages I have received due to the novarg/mydoom/whatever you want to call it
virus causes my PHP process to segfault.  I think it's because some of these
messages have very weird 8-bit encodings in their bodies that c-client/PHP
really doesn't like.  Moral of the story - there may be nothing you can do to
fix your problem except delete the message :( (or fix the code in c-client or
PHP).

michael