[imp] HELP: Server Error w/ Many "To:" addresses!

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu
Tue Feb 3 13:32:08 PST 2004

Quoting "lee at disinfo.com" <lee at disinfo.com>:

> Michael,
> I would have chalked it up to the same thing, however, i can simulate
> this with
> empty messages as long as there are more than aorund 200 addresses in teh to:
> field.

You missed my point.  My point wasn't about body handling problems vs. header
handling problems.  That is irrelevant.  My point was that mail messages pop up
all the time that crash c-client/PHP-imap all the time so that what you are
seeing is nothing new or revolutionary.  It is simply buggy software.

But that may not even be the case here since I can not replicate this behavior
with a message that has 400+ addresses in the To: field (I am using imap-2004RC
and PHP 4.3.4).

> Could it be an imp bug?

No.  IMP can not cause segfaults/PHP crashes itself.  It may *call* functions
that cause segfaults/crashes as in this case, where it is most likely an
imap_() function that is causing your problem.  But if PHP/Apache is crashing
than Horde code is not causing any of the problems.

michael