[imp] move/delete problems (revisited)

Myke Place mp at xmission.com
Wed Feb 4 14:05:32 PST 2004

I raised this issue in mid-July of last year and, outside of a
suggestion to disable compression from Michael, (which was done without
any noticable result), I didn't hear any other suggestions.

I know it's considered bad form to raise an old issue again, but I'm
really hoping for some additional insight. Can anybody help?

Original message (with updated version numbers) follows:

Hello all,

As of mid-July, we're starting to see a lot of people who have Internet
Explorer 6.0 who have inexplicable problems deleting and moving messages.

They will select the messages to be deleted in the checkbox in the
mailbox view and click 'Delete' and the Inbox will then refresh, only to
find that the messages have not been removed and the Trash folder hasn't
been touched.

To add to the confusion, I have been unable to replicate this issue on my
IE 6/WinXP test machine. We're getting more and more complaints every day,
so something is amiss, though to the best of my knoweldge, nothing has
changed on the server side.

Has anybody else seen this issue with IE 6 that can at least confirm the
behavior that we're seeing? There must be a common thread, but I'm not sure
what it is.

Horde: 2.2.4
IMP: 3.2.2
PHP Version: 4.3.3