[imp] Problem Deleting Mail (POP3)

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu
Tue Feb 10 09:37:59 PST 2004

Quoting Doug <imp at dsurround.net>:

> Thanks for the input Alan, but I don't think that's the problem.
>
> I tried deleting in lynx and that doesn't work either...  Also tried on
> anther machine that I log into IMP with and have no issues.  Same thing.  I
> think that rules out browser issues...

lynx probably won't work because there is javascript involved in the deletion
process.  So that tells us nothing.

It most likely *is* an IE problem because we have seen this issue before and it
always ends up being an IE 6 problem, and it is possibly related to page
compression being turned on.  It is not an IMP coding issue - if messages are
not being deleted it is because, when it gets to the pertinent place in the
code to delete, the list of messages to delete is empty because the GET/POST
data is missing or corrupted - which makes it a browser/server issue.

michael