[imp] Re: Ingo blacklist deletes ALL messages

Jacob Davida jacob-news at davida.com
Wed Feb 11 10:38:59 PST 2004

> > They are obviously deleting everything in their inboxes. Is there a way
> > put in a check (maybe it's already done?) to stop that?
>
> This sounds like a good idea, since it seems inconceivable that anyone
would
> want to block ALL mail to their mailbox.  Committed check to CVS HEAD.

Excellent! Thanks!

> > Also, is there a way to put a maximum limit to the number of entires
> > in the blacklist? That way I can stop people from putting 5000 blacklist
> > entries, and thus complaining about slowness from their filters. Ugh.
hehe.

> No, not as of now.  Patch?

I'd love to make one, but alas time is short ;) I have a feeling it'd be
able to use
one of the current values, since it seems the blacklist does in fact store
the
number of lines/addresses in the blacklist

Example:

a:2:{s:1:"a";a:297:{i:0;s:20:"dgle3cr4v5z9 at 163.net";i:1;s

a:297 seems to correspond to the # entries. Eventually it'd be cool to
be able to set this per user, but to start off with globally would be
fantastic.
Anyways, this is all just theoretical.

Thanks again!

- Jacob