[imp] Re: Ingo blacklist deletes ALL messages

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu
Wed Feb 11 10:54:59 PST 2004

Quoting Jacob Davida <jacob-news at davida.com>:

> I'd love to make one, but alas time is short ;) I have a feeling it'd be
> able to use
> one of the current values, since it seems the blacklist does in fact store
> the
> number of lines/addresses in the blacklist
>
> Example:
>
> a:2:{s:1:"a";a:297:{i:0;s:20:"dgle3cr4v5z9 at 163.net";i:1;s

This is actually the string representation for serialized data so this doesn't
help us much.  We immediately unserialize this information when we extract it
from the backend, so we don't normally have access to this string at all.  Even
if we did have this string, we couldn't use it since the ingo storage backend
system allows for multiple backends and this would only work for the 'prefs'
backend (granted, it is the only backend available right now, but something
like a 'sql' backend may be available in the future that would require a
different way to get the # of addressses stored in the blacklist).

The better way to do this is to have a check in common code when we are adding
blacklist addresses to the backend store - a simple count() should do the job
there.  So maybe I will go ahead and code this now that I have talked it out
this far...

michael