[imp] User preferences under IMP 3.2.2

Jose Marcio Martins da Cruz Jose-Marcio.Martins at ensmp.fr
Mon Feb 23 03:58:27 PST 2004

Hello,

Jan Schneider wrote:
> Zitat von Jose Marcio Martins da Cruz <Jose-Marcio.Martins at ensmp.fr>:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have a problem with users preferences button under IMP 3.2.2
>>
>> I upgraded our IMP software from 3.2 to 3.2.2 and now we have no more
>> access to "user preferences". Horde and Turba were also upgraded.
>>
>> IMP works as if users had lost their preferences - it works with default
>> preferences.
>>
>> We use MySQL for the database - nothing was changed on the server.
>>
>> I don't see any request on the mysql server logs.
>>
>> It seems to me that I've correctly upgraded all the configuration files,
>> but I can't figure out why this stopped working.
>>
>> Can you give me a hint on how/where to look for ?
>

> Check the 'realm' setting in config/servers.php.

In fact I forgot to define conf/prefs/driver to sql when I upgraded horde.

// What preferences driver should we use? Valid values are 'none'
// (meaning use system defaults and don't save any user preferences),
// 'session' (preferences only persist during the login), 'ldap',
// and 'sql'.
$conf['prefs']['driver'] = 'sql';

It could be nice to have some scripts to easy migrating configuration
files from one version to another one.

Thanks for your help.

> Jan.
>
> --
> http://www.horde.org - The Horde Project
> http://www.ammma.de - Neue Wege des Lernens
> http://www.tip4all.de - Deine private Tippgemeinschaft

  Jose Marcio MARTINS DA CRUZ           Tel. :(33) 01.40.51.93.41
  Ecole des Mines de Paris              http://j-chkmail.ensmp.fr
  60, bd Saint Michel                http://www.ensmp.fr/~martins
  75272 - PARIS CEDEX 06      mailto:Jose-Marcio.Martins at ensmp.fr