[imp] User preferences under IMP 3.2.2

Steven Stern subscribed-lists at sterndata.com
Mon Feb 23 07:24:01 PST 2004

On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 12:58:27 +0100, Jose Marcio Martins da Cruz
<Jose-Marcio.Martins at ensmp.fr> wrote:

>It could be nice to have some scripts to easy migrating configuration
>files from one version to another one.

When you extract the files from the tarball, the *.php files in
horde/imp/config are not overwritten. So, if you're installing into a new
directory, copy horde/imp/config/*.php from the old one. If installing over an
old copy of horde, you just need to review the *.php files against the
*.php.dist files to see if anything's been added.

In my case, I just went from IMP 3.2.1 to IMP 3.2.2.  I extracted the .tar
into horde/imp-3.2.2, copied *.php from horde/imp-3.2.1/config, and changed
horde/imp to be a link to horde/imp-3.2.2

At the end, I re-ran the script in horde/scripts to secure the tree.

--
   Steve