[imp] Problem to set up horde2/imp3 in Libranet 2.8.1

Rufino Hinojosa Couturier rhinojosa at uv.mx
Mon Mar 1 22:30:17 PST 2004

Hi, my situation is the next:

Actually, I have configured a horde/imp webmail server called 'webmail'
to access different servers running sendmail.

This server is running RedHat and the horde 2.1 Framework with IMP 3.1,
this is working great, but now, I'm going to change this server running
RedHat for other that is running Libranet 2.8.1.

The problem that I have is that I installed the required packages like
follows:

#apt-get install apache
#apt-het install php4
#apt-get install php4-imap
#apt-get install php4-mcrypt
#apt-get install uw-imapd
#apt-get install uw-imapd-ssl
#apt-get install horde2
#apt-get install imp3

I configured my servers in servers.php (in my webmail server) but, when
I run the IMP test  to try to logon in the sendmail server, I just
receive a message that says :

--ERROR BEGIN --

(with imap)
server="sendmail" user="rhinojosa" mailbox="{sendmail:143/imap}INBOX"
array(1) {
  [0]=>
  string(59) "Connection failed to sendmail,143: Connection timed out"
}

or

(with imap/notls)
server="sendmail" user="rhinojosa" mailbox="{sendmail:143/imap/notls}INBOX"
array(1) {
  [0]=>
  string(59) "Connection failed to sendmail,143: Connection timed out"
}

and

(with imap/ssl)
server="sendmail" user="rhinojosa" mailbox="{sendmail:993/imap/ssl}INBOX"

array(1) {
  [0]=>
  string(53) "Can't connect to sendmail,993: Connection refused"
}

--ERROR FINISH --

I'm using:
    * Horde: 2.2.3
    * IMP: 3.2.2 (run IMP tests)
    * Turba: 1.2

Somebody have any idea about it ????

I just can't connect with any of my servers running sendmail.

What I'm doing wrong... I have been looking the configuration in the
other webmail server and is the same... what could be happening  ????

Thanks a lot !!!