[imp] Problem to set up horde2/imp3 in Libranet 2.8.1

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Tue Mar 2 12:32:56 PST 2004

Quoting Rufino Hinojosa Couturier <rhinojosa at uv.mx>:

> This server is running RedHat and the horde 2.1 Framework with IMP 3.1,

What version of RH?

> server="sendmail" user="rhinojosa" mailbox="{sendmail:143/imap}INBOX"
> array(1) {
>   [0]=>
>   string(59) "Connection failed to sendmail,143: Connection timed out"
> }

By default, RedHat doesn't enable services.  So make sure they are enabled
and running (via chkconfig and/or ps).  Next RedHat by default doesn't
poke holes in tcp_wrappers or iptables for these services.  So make sure
that you are allowing them via wrappers and iptables (or are not running
iptables).

> I just can't connect with any of my servers running sendmail.

This is a separate issue, but RH by default only runs sendmail listening
on localhost, not on the network.  You need to reconfigure it to get it
to listen on the network, and then again check tcp_wrappers and iptables.

But I think now you are worried about imap and not sendmail, so that may
not matter at this point.

> What I'm doing wrong... I have been looking the configuration in the
> other webmail server and is the same... what could be happening  ????

Lots could be happening...  I'd start with making sure the services are
enabled, that they are running, then that wrappers allows them, then that
iptables allows them.