[imp] Problems Moving and Deleting Email with Imp 3.2.2

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu
Tue Mar 2 11:16:06 PST 2004

Quoting Myke Place <mp at xmission.com>:

> * Michael M Slusarz (slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu) [030911 15:23]
> spake thusly:
>> Quoting Alan Barnes <abarnes at bulletmail.net>:
>>
>> | All,
>> |
>> | I recently performed an upgrade on my Red Hat 7.3 Linux mail server to
>> | 8.0. On several of my users machines, who are using IE 6 and 5.5, are
>> | having Internet problems deleting and moving messages.
>> |
>> | They will select the messages to be deleted in the checkbox in the
>> | mailbox view and click 'Delete' and will then be returned to the last
>> | page of the inbox, only to find that the messages have not been removed.
>> |

>> | To add to the confusion, I have been unable to replicate this issue on
>> | my
>> | IE 6/WinXP test machine; however, I have reproduced it on another
>> | machine. I uninstalled IE6 and reinstalled so that my Service Pack and
>> | patch lists were exact. I still can not figure it out. I am getting more
>> | complaints on a daily basis.
>>
>> You wouldn't happen to have quotas enabled, do you?
>>
>> michael
>>

> We continue to see this problem. We don't have quotas enabled at all.
>
> Version info:
>
> # Horde: 2.2.4
> # IMP: 3.2.2
> # PHP Version: 4.3.3

This message of mine above seems to be from a long time ago... anyway, this
problem was confirmed along time ago to be an issue with IE and certain
service
packs and page compression.  You must turn page compression off sitewide if
using old versions of Horde/IMP (CVS versions will automatically disable
compression for these buggy browsers).

And before you (or someone else) says that they do have page
compression turned
off, make sure you have page compression turned off EVERYWHERE.  That means in
horde configs, .htaccess files, php.ini, everywhere.  It needs to be
turned off
everywhere or else pages may/will still get compressed.  We were able to
reproduce this strange behavior locally (although it was by no means easily
reproducible - it was very hit and miss) and it *did* stop when page
compression was turned off correctly.

michael