[imp] IMAP Folder Oddities

Chris Bellomy chris at goodshow.net
Tue Mar 2 14:07:29 PST 2004

Our site:

Solaris 8
imp 3.2.2
php 4.3.1

The remote IMAP server is running a variant of the cyrus IMAP daemon.

Intermittently, we're seeing odd foo when new accounts send mail
for the first time.  The sent-mail folder doesn't get created until
some unknown magical thing occurs... all messages sent before then
never get saved.

Today, when working with a new user account, a user got these errors
from folders.php:

  Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in
  /home/cbellomy/bdiscreet/html/client/imp/lib/Tree.php on line 254

  Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in
  /home/cbellomy/bdiscreet/html/client/imp/lib/Tree.php on line 210

  Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 0 in
  /home/cbellomy/bdiscreet/html/client/imp/lib/Tree.php on line 635

  Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in
  /home/cbellomy/bdiscreet/html/client/imp/lib/Tree.php on line 210

  Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 0 in
  /home/cbellomy/bdiscreet/html/client/imp/lib/Tree.php on line 635

I ran a quick google search of the relevant keywords and came up
dry.  Any ideas?

cb