[imp] Word wrap in spell checker

Stephen Grier s.e.grier at qmul.ac.uk
Wed Mar 3 04:28:15 PST 2004

Michael,

I notice you committed a fix to the CVS to wrap the message text
correctly in the spell check window:

http://cvs.horde.org/diff.php/imp/spelling.php?r1=2.28.2.10&r2=2.28.2.11&ty=h

In your fix, spelling.php passes the message text from the compose
window through Text::wrap(). This means that the message text is
word-wrapped at least twice during the process of spell checking and
sending a message. This becomes a problem if, for example, you change a
misspelt word using the "or" box to a longer word; the line becomes
longer and is wrapped again at a different point. On returning to the
compose window you then need to reformat the message text to remove the
unwanted newlines.

Can I suggest that the patch posted by Andrew Morgan on the 11 Nov 03
provides a better solution to the problem. In his solution, only the
text displayed on the spell check window is word-wrapped, and not the
form value eventually passed back to compose.php. See:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=imp&m=106859311113707&w=2

Regards,
Stephen

--