[imp] Access denied for user ... in /etc/horde/db_mysql.inc on line 73

Paul Norris paul.norris at datasend.com.au
Wed Mar 10 12:36:14 PST 2004

Hi Marcus,

There are two places you need to set the password.  Firstly in
/<path-to-horde>/scripts/db/mysql_create.sql
In this script, the user name and password are both set to "horde".  You
should run mysql_drop.sql, then set the password (and username if you want)
in mysql_create.sql and then re-run it.  mysql_create.sql will also do the
necessary GRANT statement so you don't have to do it yourself.

The second place is in /<path-to-horde>/config/horde.php (the place where I
had my own recent problem).  Around line 155 you will find Preference
System Headings.  There is a password in this section, and this is the one
that will be giving you the error.  The distribution file has a password of
'*****'.  Your horde won't work unless you set the password to the same
thing as you have in mysql_create.sql

Also, don't forget to set your $conf ['prefs'] ['driver'] = 'sql'

I forgot so I didn't get any options link.

Hope this helps!