[imp] Re: Folders icon not working

essyug essyug at free.fr
Tue Mar 16 02:31:12 PST 2004

> Hi there,
> I setup IMP with IMAP and SMTP on RH9 and I am able to log in fine and
> view, send, receive messages and use different folders. The problem is I
> cannot manage my folders, eg. create or delete folders. When I click on
> the folders icon the IMP just hangs forever and then eventually brings
> up a blank page.I have not made any changes to folders.php but I think
> that is the script which is being called. Any help would be greatly
> appreciated

Hi,

I've seen this message many, many times without any decent answer.
Everybody will tell you to correct your imp/config/servers.php like that :
$servers['imap'] = array(
     'folders' => 'mail/',

They will tell you that you don't have any ~/mail/ directory, and that's
why httpd hangs. Well, my 'folders' is set correctly, and httpd still hangs.
Solution: give up. All you can do is comment out the following line in
your imp/templates/menu/menu.inc:
//    Menu::printItem(Horde::applicationUrl('folders.php'),
_("Folders"), 'folders.gif');

Doing that, the 'folders' link will no longer appear in your top menu;
you can still access your folders using the dropdown list (at least I can).

That's an ugly workaround, but if you find something better, please let
me know !

Best Regards,

--
Essyug