[imp] Decoding of multilined quoted-printable-encoded subjects

Oliver Kuhl okuhl at netcologne.de
Wed Mar 17 22:11:36 PST 2004

Hi!

I am not sure if I this is really a bug or a malformed email. I got a
mail with a quoted-printable-encoded subject. As rfc says,
quoted-printable subjects *may* have a linebreak, if the encoded string
is longer than x letters (75 or something like that).

This mail has such a subject:
=?iso-8859-1?Q?Antwort_auf_Burn_Baby=2C_Burn=21_-_Sch=FCtzt_di?=
	=?iso-8859-1?Q?e_Privatkopie=2E?=
^^^^^^^^
There are several blanks before the second line and I left out the
"Subject:"-Part in the first line to get that one in one line.

The line-break is in the middle of the german word "die" an the subject
is displayed in IMP as followed:
"Antwort auf Burn Baby, Burn! - Schützt di e Privatkopie."
                                          ^^^
Is this the correct behaviour?

Regards,
   Ollie.